12 April 2011

G Malone

Now that I'm officially in Hollywood...it's time to follow suit, thus my first gig was an album release party, in case you couldn't (or didn't) read the ticket. I took that pic with my cell phone but the rest were taken with my baby, the real camera (D300). 
It was supposed to be Mack 10 & Glasses Malone but in lieu of recent events, Mack 10 was not in attendance. He is making a nice recovery I'm told. Insert DJ Quik. I have been a fan since the summer of 1992, that's when I heard and then purchased the Way 2 Fonky album (on cassette), that's the same summer that Boomerang hit theatres, I saw it in Montgomery, AL. But back to here and now, I've been a fan ever since, so when I walked in and heard Quik's music, I didn't think too much of it, this isn't the first show I've been to...I walked in and I saw the man on stage, I can't lie, right then and there I got a lil giddy, I have his entire damn catalog on disc and he was inches away from me...utter dopeness!!!  No ooglin' or anything, we leave that up to the groupies, I snapped a pic or two, kept it moving. 
Book of David coming April 20 (album release party going down at the Key Club as well): 
www.vibe.com
 Yeah it was packed up in this establishment!!! Had to be at least 50 people on stage, about 1500 on the lower level and a good amount of people made their way upstairs to V.I.P. as well, so glad I didn't have to try to push my way thru this madness. Needless to say, they reached capacity, all kinds of folks were outside raising hell about not getting in, I hope they got their money back. I had a wristband. 

Showin' Love
  
Great Escape
Glasses holds court









Speaks for itself          


  
#HomieLuv. There was plenty of it in the building, as well there should be if a venue reaches capacity. No shortage here, at all, I lost track of all of the homies, homie's homies, OG's, double and triple OG's in the building but the important thing is that they were there to show love & support, take notes.

 
Gotta give the DJ some love....keep the music playin' and the crowd movin', good job sir!!! P.S. Kudos on your shameless self promotion..Mack & Malone in stores today, April 12, check it out!!! 


My work here is done....til next time....
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment